Vegware Compostable Waste Sacks
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
Vegware were determined to eradicate plastic from their product ranges and have concentrated on using materials that will naturally decompose in realistic conditions. Waste sacks are one of the ultimate problems to solve. Most waste sacks now use recycled plastic - sounds great, but this isn't good enough as inevitably most simply then end their life in landfill, so a great deal of plastic still sits in the ground for hundreds of years anyway. Vegware have innovatively solved this problem and recognised that waste sacks will nearly always been thrown away as part of the rubbish. To this end, to 'close they loop' they have made waste sacks that are still strong enough to do the job but are made from vegetable oils and thistle starch. Not only is this material completely biodegradable and not plastic, producing it also creates a lower carbon footprint. They're also manufactured in Europe, reducing their footprint even further over products typically imported from further afield. Compostables are a practical solution for single-use food-contaminated disposables, allowing foodservice to achieve their sustainability goals. These clever bags can be home composted, so you don't need access to industrial or specialist composing equipment like you may do with some products that claim to be compostable. We also love the added benefits of minimal packaging (the sleeve can be recycled) and the material helps to keep waste cooler to reduce odour that can be an unpleasant factor with typical waste sacks.
Vegware Compostable Waste Sacks
Plant-based material allows these waste sacks to fully break down in home composting
- Certified home compostable bin liners protect the environment even as you dispose of waste helping to close the loop on plastic usage
- Made in Europe from plant-based Mater-Bi, a completely biodegradable material made from vegetable oils and thistle starch
- Completely plastic free preventing any contamination of soil. Can be home composted or added to your food or garden waste bins
- The plant based material is breathable, keeping food waste cooler and drier helping to reduce odour
- Minimal packaging with a sleeve wrap that can be recycled as part of your food or garden waste
- Strong and durable while being kind to the planet with a barrier to protect against bacteria, viruses, spores and mould
- Can be used for purely food waste or with other compostable items such as Vegware food prep gloves and more
- Available in 70L volume to suit any environment
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0871) Vegware Completely Compostable Waste Sacks - 70L - Roll of 20
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £10 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.