Vegware Compostable Bin Liners
Vegware Compostable Bin Liners
Plant-based material allows these bin liners to fully break down in home composting
- Certified home compostable bin liners protect the environment even as you dispose of waste helping to close the loop on plastic usage
- Made in Europe from plant-based Mater-Bi, a completely biodegradable material made from vegetable oils and thistle starch
- Completely plastic free preventing any contamination of soil. Can be home composted or added to your food or garden waste bins
- The plant based material is breathable, keeping food waste cooler and drier helping to reduce odour
- Minimal packaging with a sleeve wrap that can be recycled as part of your food or garden waste
- Strong and durable while being kind to the planet with a barrier to protect against bacteria, viruses, spores and mould
- Can be used for purely food waste or with other compostable items such as Vegware food prep gloves and more
- Available in 8L and 140L volume to suit any environment
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
Vegware were determined to eradicate plastic from their product ranges and have concentrated on using materials that will naturally decompose in realistic conditions. Bin liners are one of the ultimate problems to solve. Most bin liners now use recycled plastic - sounds great, but this isn't good enough as inevitably most simply then end their life in landfill, so a great deal of plastic still sits in the ground for hundreds of years anyway. Vegware have innovatively solved this problem and recognised that bin liners will nearly always been thrown away as part of the rubbish. To this end, to 'close they loop' they have made bin liners that are still strong enough to do the job but are made from vegetable oils and thistle starch. Not only is this material completely biodegradable and not plastic, producing it also creates a lower carbon footprint. They're also manufactured in Europe, reducing their footprint even further over products typically imported from further afield. Compostables are a practical solution for single-use food-contaminated disposables, allowing foodservice to achieve their sustainability goals. These clever bags can be home composted, so you don't need access to industrial or specialist composing equipment like you may do with some products that claim to be compostable. We also love the added benefits of minimal packaging (the sleeve can be recycled) and the material helps to keep waste cooler to reduce odour that can be an unpleasant factor with typical bin liners.
Prices exclude VAT at 20%
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
Save Money & The Planet!
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £20 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Encourage recycling around your premises by providing recycling bins for easy disposal
Home compostable waste sacks to help protect the environment even as you dispose of waste
Flat packed waste sacks made from 100% recycled polythene - 200 per pack