Showa 4552 Biodegradable Nitrile Gripper Gloves
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
Showa have invested heavily in EBT technology. This attaches an active ingredient to the gloves during the production process which significantly increases the rate of degradation to 1-5 years from over 100 years for standard nitrile gloves when disposed of in active landfill. Plastics marketed as "biodegradable" will contribute to plastic pollution if they are lost or littered. We should be mindful that they do not break down as quickly and completely in the environment as the term might imply and thus can harm wildlife and ecosystems. But if disposed of correctly there is proof that biodegradable plastics may provide a net benefit to the environment, especially when viewed in the context of millions of items of disposable clothing and PPE ending up in landfill every year. It is worth noting that these gloves (like nearly every disposable glove) are manufactured in the far east and so have a long journey to the UK. We must also consider the intended use of the products before celebrating that they're biodegradable. If gloves have been very heavily soiled or covered in oils/solvents, realistically this may also reduce their ability to biodegrade.
Showa 4552 Biodegradable Nitrile Gripper Gloves
Engineered with SHOWA’s Eco Best Technology® (EBT), this planet-friendly milestone in glove innovation is ideal for many applications across a range of industries
- The nitrile sponge coating and polyester lining is engineered with Showa’s Eco Best Technology (EBT), composed of organic material that accelerates the biodegradation of nitrile in biologically active landfills without any sacrifice in performance
- Manufactured using an ergonomically designed hand mould that replicates the natural curvature of the human hand, reducing hand fatigue and increasing productivity and dexterity
- The sponge nitrile coating provides good grip in oily and dry conditions and protects against oils, grease and abrasion
- Gloves provide great levels or protection, with high mechanical resistance to abrasion
- Lightweight, seamless 15 gauge liner that is breathable on the back, to minimise perspiration
- Elasticated wrist keeps the glove securely in place
- Do not wear gloves when there is a risk of entanglement by moving parts of machines
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX1039) LIMITED STOCK SHOWA 4552 BIODEGRADABLE GRIPPER GLOVE - MEDIUM - 1 PAIR
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £20 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.
If the chat box is not visible please visit our contact us page or call 0808 1699 986 during office hours.
You can close this message and continue browsing the site while you chat.