BD Emerald™ 3-Part Luer Slip Syringes
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
BD Emerald Syringes show what can be achieved by adopting responsible manufacturing processes and by putting the reduction of negative environmental impacts at the heart of the design and production journey of a product. This product uses 20% less material than standard BD Plastipak syringes which means the creation of 20% less clinical waste. A network of manufacturing locations reduces the carbon footprint and aligned with their commitment to utilising 100% of electricity from renewable sources means that this product represents a unique option which is less harmful than typical syringes. This is a tough area - there is no getting away from the fact that disposable plastic medical devices such as syringes are often both essential, but also a bane to the environment. Because of the very nature of syringes, despite all the genuine eco-benefits of BD Emerald Syringes vs typical syringes, we therefore cannot score these to be truly eco-friendly.
BD Emerald™ 3-Part Luer Slip Syringes
Reduction in material means that if half of the world’s syringes were converted to BD Emerald™, 15,000,000kg of waste could be saved per year - the equivalent of the weight of approximately 200,000 people, enough to fill two Olympic stadiums
- Syringes are manufactured in a plant that is committed to sustainable production, with 100% of the electricity coming from renewable sources
- Long-distance transportation and fuel use are reduced because of a worldwide manufacturing network
- Designed for a perfect fit when connected with a needle hub or catheter, ensuring minimal discomfort to the patient and reduced risk of injury
- Green stopper and bold scale markings aid in setting an accurate dose, with a robust retaining ring to help prevent accidental plunger rod pullout
- Flange size and shape provides stability and comfort during use, whilst the textured thumb press reduces slippage during administration
- BD Emerald™ Syringes must meet over forty specific criteria before they are qualified for use and pass toxicity tests to confirm the manufacturing process does not affect material safety
- Every relevant component is tested to ensure the product will meet ISO 10993 requirements for biocompatibility
- The product is not made with natural rubber latex and no DEHP and PVC are intentionally added
- Syringes are CE marked, ISO 7886-1 and ISO 594 compliant
- Eccentric Syringe
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0948) BD Emerald Hypodermic Syringe - 2ml Luer Slip Concentric - Box 100
(GX0949) BD Emerald Hypodermic Syringe - 5ml Luer Slip Concentric - Box 100
(GX0950) BD Emerald Hypodermic Syringe - 10ml Luer Slip Concentric - Box 100
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £10 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.