ecoLiving Compostable Sponges
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
There's no point in choosing an Eco friendly disinfectant if its wiped down with single use cloths or sponges which get discarded in their millions once slightly soiled, and contribute to microplastic pollution as most do. This is a big problem as many organisations have stepped up their cleaning and hygiene protocols owing to Covid. Step forward, EcoLiving compostable cleaning sponges for a whole host of ways to tackle this problem! These innovative sponges are made in Europe from all natural materials including water based colouring. They are durable, hardwearing and can be reused after washing in the dishwasher or washing machine. At the end of their usable life, they are home compostable. EcoLiving products are wonderfully stylish and practical as well as sustainable, vegan and plastic free. They use natural materials wherever possible and have acquired a Carbon Neutral Status for the company. An ideal choice of eco upgrade for any home or organisation!
ecoLiving Compostable Sponges
Pack of two yellow plastic-free compostable sponges made in the UK from natural mixes of cotton, wood pulp and flax - 100% plastic free and vegan
- Made from natural materials, these cloths do not emit micro-plastic pollution, unlike classic sponges
- Keeping your sponge as dry as possible between uses to preserve its usage and once it starts to breakdown you can compost it at home or recycle it via your garden or food waste - please refer to local recycling guidelines
- Highly absorbent, durable and reusable sponges ideal for general cleaning applications in kitchens, bathrooms, shared areas or businesses
- To use simply wet the sponge then squeeze it and use - rinse after use
- Pack of 2 supplied in plastic-free packaging, in a choice of wavy or large
- Dimensions: 100 x 80 x 25mm or 120 x 80 x 25mm
- Sourced from a Carbon Neutral Manufacturer
To see a copy of the Composting Test Certificate, please click here
To see a copy of the Biodegradable Test Report, please click here
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0747) ECOLIVING COMPOSTABLE WAVY SPONGE - STANDARD - PACK OF 2
(GX0748) ECOLIVING COMPOSTABLE WAVY SPONGE - LARGE - PACK OF 2
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £20 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.