Dirteeze Trademate Bamboo Dry Wipes
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
Using stronger wipes which offer some reusability is a great way of reducing the amount of wipes used - especially in applications where they are in high use. When paper based wipes are used, trees are cut down and more wipes have to be used as they are not as strong. When cellulose or plastic based wipes are used, they are more reusable but not sustainable either in production or after disposal. Bamboo is a sustainable, fast growing plant (growing as much as 1 to 2 feet per day) and requires very little water and processing resources, and helps these wipes out-perform many common disposable wipes. We welcome the high bamboo content, however it should be noted that these wipes still contain 20% Polypropylene to bind it (which we don't like and are working with the manufacturer to try to improve) and may therefore not biodegrade to the extent normally associated with bamboo. Furthermore, if wipes have been heavily soiled or covered in various solvents, biodegradability may be inhibited regardless.
Dirteeze Trademate Bamboo Dry Wipes
Dry wipes made from 80% biodegradable and fully sustainable bamboo, suitable for use on hands, tools, machinery and most surfaces
- Wipes made from 80% bamboo, which grows up to 2 feet per day and is 100% biodegradable and fully sustainable
- No use of softwood or hardwood trees that can result in deforestation
- Otex 100 certified with no harmful substances - free from plastics and the use of fossil fuels/oil reserves
- Stronger than paper, reducing waste from weaker paper and more sustainable than 100% plastic alternatives
- Low lint construction is solvent resistant and works great with oils
- Re-usable nature, works more like a cloth than a disposable wipe - 80% bamboo and 20% PET
- Ideal for decorators, trades, mechanics, and workshops, use on hands, tools, machinery and most surfaces
- Each sheet is 260 x 280mm, big enough for any job
- Supplied in a tub of 55 wipes
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0879) Dirteeze Trademate Bamboo Dry Wipes - 280 x 260mm - Tub of 55
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £20 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.