Compostable Wooden Cutlery Kit
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
We need to accelerate the move away from single use plastics for items such as this these, with a ban in UK due in 2023. Wooden replacements like this are a great example of reverting back to a far more planet friendly material that was widely used for making single use cutlery before the emergence of plastic alternatives. It's crazy that so many single use disposable products are made from materials that will not degrade for hundreds of years. Vegware products are an innovative response to this and adopting them also makes a statement about your organisations sustainability policies.
Compostable Wooden Cutlery Kit
Eco-friendly alternative to disposable plastic cutlery produced from sustainable materials
- This compostable wooden cutlery kit contains a knife, fork, spoon and recycled, unbleached paper napkin, all wrapped in a matte finish kraft paper pack
- Made from sustainably sourced and renewable Birch wood, making it fully biodegradable
- Birch wood grows abundantly in the UK and North America and is fast growing, sourced and manufactured with minimal waste. All waste material can then be repurposed into additional materials
- Excellent for takeaway foods, table settings and catering events
- Award-winning quality and durability when compared with plastic alternatives
- These wooden forks boast a stylish, rustic and organic look
- Excellent eco-friendly alternative to disposable plastic cutlery
- Birch wood products are commercially compostable, please check your local authority guidelines for details
- The recycled paper napkin and the outer packaging can be recycled with dry materials as normal
- Available in packs of 50
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0846) VEGWARE COMPOSTABLE WOODEN CUTLERY KIT - PACK OF 50
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £20 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.