Earthsave Degradable Barrier Tape
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
Earthsave Bio-degradable tape is a non toxic plastic tape with an accelerated degradation process, this process will take 5 - 10 years in industrial landfill which is substantially shorter than the standard plastic tape varieties, and perform just as well. This is a problematic area with hazard marking tapes usually being made from single use plastics which may take hundreds of years to break down and contaminate the ground. This product is a positive improvement, but it isn't perfect and it may be more eco friendly to consider a different approach to mark hazards, if viable and safe to do so, such as signage made from paper based or recycled materials. The manufacturer also makes a donation to friends of the Earth for every roll sold.
Earthsave Degradable Barrier Tape
Innovative biodegradable hazard warning tape, printed with high-visibility warning stripes provide a better alternative to conventional tapes
- Advanced formulation of high specification degradable EARTHSAVE plastic which is non-toxic and PVC free
- Once exposed to UV light, the polythene will start to degrade, degradation continues in the dark and is accelerated by heat, making it ideal for disposal in industrial landfill
- The degradation time depends on many factors, but it will take at least five to ten years for the tapes to fully disintegrate, be wary of products claiming shorter periods
- Each roll is supplied in a handy dispenser carton
- Dimensions: 75mm x 250m
- Item Weight: 1.2 Kilograms
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0821) Earthsave Degradable Barrier Tape - 75mm x 250 metres - Red/White - 1 Roll
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £10 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.