Vegware Food Prep Gloves
What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
A fantastic and innovative use of plant based PLA (Polylactic Acid) means that the gloves naturally breakdown when disposed of through the correct channels and contain no ingredients that are harmful to soil. Even better, the corn used as the source for the PLA is utilised from waste after cultivation! These unique gloves represent a huge improvement on most disposable gloves used in food processing, which are typically made from Vinyl (PVC), or Nitrile, a petrochemical.
Vegware Food Prep Gloves
Compostable plant-based PLA provides an eco alternative to plastic gloves, perfect for food preparation and handling
- Made from eco-friendly plant-based material PolyLactic Acid (PLA) and supplied in recyclable packaging
- Polylactic Acid is plant based and can be made from any plant based sugar such as corn starch, cassava, sugar cane or sugar beet. Corn is currently the primary source crop for PLA based materials. This is utilised from waste material after cultivation making it sustainable and renewable
- Gloves are fully commercially compostable and can be recycled with garden and household food waste - please refer to local recycling guidelines
- Loose fit gloves measure W23cm x H28cm, which will fit most hands and provides a comfortable layer of protection
- Meets the requirements of regulation (EC) 1935/2004 for material and articles used in food contact
- Available in clear or detectable blue colours, ideal for food production and handling environments
- Each box contains 100 gloves
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0874) Vegware Food Prep Gloves - Blue - One Size - Pack of 100
(GX0873) Vegware Food Prep Gloves - Natural - One Size - Pack of 100
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £10 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.