What Makes This Product EcoCentric?
How does this product compare to the average product in this area? Find Out More
Made from plant based CPLA. This is a crystallised Polylactic Acid which will not melt when coming into contact with hot food. They will retain the ability to naturally breakdown when disposed of through the correct channels and contain no ingredients that are harmful to our soil. Using plant based renewable materials as opposed to conventional materials like plastic for this type of product means it has a far lower negative environmental impact. It's crazy that so many single use disposable products are made from materials that will not degrade for hundreds of years. Vegware products are an innovative response to this and adopting them also makes a statement about your organisations sustainability policies.
Reinforced 100% compostable fork made from plant-based renewable materials
- Made from Crystallised Polylactic Acid (CPLA), a renewable plant-based material with a higher melt point than normal Polylactic Acid material making it ideal for use with hot food and drink
- Polylactic Acid is plant based and can be made from any plant based sugar such as corn starch, cassava, sugar cane or sugar beet. Corn is currently the primary source crop for PLA based materials. This is utilised from waste material after cultivation making it sustainable and renewable
- CPLA is a crystalised type of PLA mixed with chalk as a catalyst, making this product more durable and resistant to heat and snapping
- As a highly durable crystalised material, CPLA offers heat resistance up to 90 degrees centigrade
- Great for hot and cold foods, and strong enough to for use with the crunchiest meals
- CPLA based products are able to be composted industrially - please check your local authority guidelines as to whether they can be recycled via your food or garden waste collections
- Most CPLA based products will biodegrade in industrial composters within 12 weeks
- Available in packs of 50
Price List - To order please specify a quantity. Then click the "Add to Basket" button.
(GX0839) VEGWARE 6.5IN COMPOSTABLE CPLA FORK - PACK OF 50
Where possible, we align quantity discounts with outer boxes, so you reduce deliveries and packaging at the same time as saving money
- For every £20 you spend, we’ll plant a tree in our Ecologi Forest. Our aim is to plant thousands of trees in 2022
- Spend over £100 and you’ll also get a free box of organic, fair trade tea in biodegradable packaging – have a cuppa on us!
- Free Next Working Day Delivery On Orders Over £50 for in stock items.
Our EcoCentric Ratings
EcoCentric gives ratings on each of our products that show at a glance their eco-credentials and how they compare to ‘traditional’ products that could be used for the same tasks or purposes.
Our ratings are easily broken down into 4 simple categories:
- A score out of 5 which indicates the performance of the product in comparison to ‘traditional’ or not specifically eco-friendly products in that area. This is to show if there’s any trade-off in efficacy in order to achieve a more environmentally friendly product.
- A score out of 5 to indicate just how ‘eco-friendly’ a product is. This score will take into account everything from environmental impact of production and usage to disposal. A higher score here reflects a low impact on the environment at all stages, for example a product made from recycled materials that doesn’t have any negative impact during use and can then be fully recycled would achieve a score of 5. Sustainability of raw materials will be taken into account for products that aren’t made from recycled materials.
- Our opinion on the product. This part of the rating comes direct from us and reflects how we feel about using the product as a replacement for typical options, taking into account the previous two points. This section could be considered a round-up and a recommendation based on the scores the product has achieved and we hope it will help you to make the choice to place your order.
- Colour coded icons that clearly show why the product is considered eco-friendly, showing the extent of the green credentials where applicable, for example showing if the product is made from sustainable raw materials, partially or fully recycled material or from virgin material. The icons will offer a quick and easy way to see if the product is as environmentally friendly as you require.